Highways England Common Induction will equip a learner with a basic understanding of health and safety, hazards and risks, and the best safety practises to work on Highways England Strategic Road Network (SRN).
Throughout this course the learner will be taught:
- Effective customer service.
- Main requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act.
- Overview of Highways England’s minimum expectation for working on site.
- Understanding of temporary traffic management systems.
- How to review fatal risks that occur when working.
- How to identify the essential health and wellbeing points in the workplace.
- Identifying and describing the main environmental issues found on sites.
- Impact on the individual, their lives, and their families in the event of a serious accident at work.
- Poor behaviour on the work site.
- How health and safety knowledge and good working practice can improve behaviour on a work site.
This course will give learners knowledge of health and safety and an understanding of what makes a safe working environment. Individuals will also learn how to identify the hazards and risks relating to the Highways England SRN.
This course consists of theory sessions followed by an assessment. The course duration is based on experience, and is typically 1 day, but can take up to 4.