Site Environmental Awareness is a one-day classroom based course provides basic environmental knowledge that the sub-contract chain is required to prove to contractors.
The course will bring learners environmental and sustainability knowledge up to date by providing an overview of the subject, relevant legislation, and the industry’s best practice.
Learners will be able to identify, control, and minimise the environmental impacts of their work and identify environmental improvement opportunities.
Throughout this course the learner will be taught:
- Effective practice techniques and legal compliance.
- Environmental impacts and issues associated with construction activities.
- Sustainability issues in the context of construction.
- Waste management and statutory nuisance.
- Requirements on water use, contaminated land, and pollution prevention.
- Issues of archaeology and heritage in construction.
- The systems available to help in environmental management.