Social media is an easy way to get your business out there and get noticed. Social media for businesses has become one of the most profitable marketing methods of all time. With the likes of Facebook, you can reach millions of people with just one post. If you want to get your business noticed, you need to be using various social media platforms so that you can reach different potential customers.
- Build Brand Awareness:
- Being active on social media helps you stand out and stay noticed, meaning you will be remembered by people. After enough exposure, you’re sure to get more people interested in your brand’s content.
- Connect with Customers:
- It’s an easy mistake to think that your business is nothing more than “closing the sale.” Instead, social media opens the lines of communications between you and your customer base. This reduces the likelihood of you only have one-time customers, instead you build a base of loyal returning customers.
- Boost Your SEO:
- By promoting your content on social media, you can get more likes, views, shares, and engagement with your content. This will then allow you to drive more traffic to your site which boosts page views. This will help you to reach a higher position within the google search results.
- Grow Your Mailing List:
- Once people see your social media it will drive them to your website, and you will have more opportunities to turn traffic into leads. Over time, you’ll use this traffic to grow your email list and generate even more revenue from email campaigns.
- Drive More Revenue:
- Each of the benefits listed above results in one thing; leading customers down your sales funnel and generate more profits for your business.
It has over 1 billion active users every day. It has become one of the best ways to find your target audience. This is because there is such a wide variety of people on Facebook that you can reach exactly who you want. You will definitely find an audience to promote to through Facebook.
Facebook is also a great social media for businesses to interact with their clients once you’ve caught their attention. Companies can create private groups where paying customers can join, interact, ask questions and have a personalised and exclusive experience with the brand.
- Can reach a massive audience
- Target advertising
- Great customer interaction
- Powerful analysis
- Ads require a large budget
- Takes consistent engagement
- Little to no control if the page is suspended
Overall Facebook is a beneficial tool for just about every business. Though paid ads can be expensive, it is an optional expense. You can still have a good and active account without paid ads.
Instagram is one of the most popular online line platforms around, especially with the younger generation. Within two months of Instagram launching, it had over 1 million users and it has only continued to grow over the years. The number has now grown to over 1 billion users every day.
- Created for mobile
- More popular than Facebook with the younger generation
- The highly appealing visual aspect
- Misleading metrics (followers doesn’t = engagement)
- Needs an aggressive posting schedule.
Overall it is a great platform for the younger generation and for shopping on mobile. It is a great way for business to create an audience base from all around the world.
Twitter gives everyone a voice. With Twitter, you can post short snappy tweets that draw people in or make them laugh. A big part of standing out on Twitter is being different to your competition, constantly engaging your audience and adding valuable content.
- Ads see 1-3% more success than Facebook
- Free targeting with @ and #
- Easy to engage followers and influencers.
- Requires multiple tweets a day
- Drives traffic but not always sales
- Lots of people to compete with.
Twitter can be a powerful tool but it can often be time-consuming, you will have to plan for multiple tweets a day so that you can be noticed.
LinkedIn is a networking tool exclusively for professionals and has helped in the way we seek, find and get hired for jobs. it is used less for entertainment and more for seeing what professional contacts are up to, learning more about an industry or looking for career options. When using LinkedIn it is all about reaching a professional audience and market. It is of most use for those within the B2B sector.
- Perfect for networking
- Makes it easier to recruit
- Great for promotions of business-related content
- 65+ million users
- Great for B2B sales
- Not designed for e-commerce
- Better for home businesses or freelancers
- Has a fraction of user in comparison to other platforms.
LinkedIn is a great social media for businesses to use. It can be popular for marketing and getting your brand out there and you can show off your brand with a LinkedIn business page. But its core function is tailored to individual users and expanding your professional network.
YouTube has become the platform for sharing information via video. It has over 2 billion users monthly and has become a place for not only entertainment but also to learn new things. You can post videos to advertise yourself as well as post educational or entertainment videos.
- Videos dive more conversation
- Great way to show off your brands personality
- Videos nicely complement other marketing strategies
- Videos can take longer to produce
- Ranking your videos can be difficult
- Users have high expectations for visual and audio quality.
In conclusion YouTube is a great social media platform to join if you want to promote in a more visual way. It is a good way to put out advertising videos to show what your business is all about and you will be able to reach a large audience.
When creating social media for businesses, it is often better to have more, so why not sign up to these social media platforms and see what happens. It is a great way to get your business into the public eye. Even if you just join one platform it could really make all the difference to your brand.
If you want any more information on how you can market your business, why not visit Capital 4 Training and have a look at what courses we have to offer.